An artist-owned streaming service sure sounds like a good idea. A streaming service that pays higher royalties sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately TIDAL is neither of those things. And on today’s episode we talk about why TIDAL is (maybe) great news for Jay Z, and more of the same for artists and labels and fans.
- It’s a Trap! TIDAL and the Common Fallacy of Music Royalties (Mike’s article, which struck a few nerves)
- Episode 33 of Conversely, in which we tested TIDAL against Rdio 320kpbs to see if anyone could find a difference in the audio quality
- Tidal and the Future of Music | stratechery by Ben Thompson
- Tidal Addresses the Backlash: ‘There’s So Much More to Do’ | Billboard
- Marina & the Diamonds on #TIDALforALL, ‘It Feels Very Corporate’