We certainly hope your 2014 was as awesome as ours was, and to celebrate we’re bringing you a very special episode of Conversely: our year-end music wrapup. That’s right, we rant and rave and rant some more about the music we loved and hated in 2014. You better count on at least one Taylor Swift mention. And possibly some death metal.
And we welcome back our very favorite special guest ever, Mr. Jonathan Sexton!
Did you have any favorites in 2014? Let us know! Drop us comments on our blog.
WARNING: SPOILERS IN THE SHOW NOTES
- Mike incorrectly states that Bruno Mars lifted the line “Gotta kiss myself, so pretty” from Morris Day in the movie Purple Rain. We can’t find proof of this anywhere. But come on, that’s totally something Morris Day would say.
- Shawn picked Boy & Bear’s “Southern Sun” from the album Harlequin Dream, which unfortunately came out in 2013.
- Mike picked HAIM’s “The Wire” from the album Days Are Gone, which came out in 2013. Officially we won’t allow these 2013 picks, but it’s safe to assume we listened to these songs a lot in 2014.
Our top singles | Spotify Playlist | Rdio Playlist
- Hozier – “Take Me To Church” | iTunes | Spotify | Rdio
- TIE: Pharrell Williams – “Happy” | iTunes | Spotify | Rdio
- TIE: Taylor Swift – “Shake It Off” | iTunes | Spotify (conspicuously missing) | Rdio (yeah right)
Our top albums: