Shawn is to business what eyeglasses are to sight. Unrelenting in his quest to bring things into focus, he leaves no stone unturned. If you say “it can’t be done”, he says “what if…” Shawn is calculating, razor sharp and able to apply his attention to detail to the larger whole of any project. Forest, meet trees. He also brings serious tech chops from 19 years of experience with major corporations like Microsoft to startups you haven’t heard of – yet. In a world of wanna be visionaries, Shawn is the wayfinder. He’s also the drummer.
- Founder of SHAWNYEAGER+CO., where he developed new business models, sales channels and brought new products to market for accelerators, incubators and client companies ranging from indie game developers to multi-billion dollar corporations
- Business development executive for startup and growth-stage technology companies, including Platform Computing and Varicent Software, producing market-shaping alliances, international expansion, multi-million dollar revenue streams and recognition from industry luminary Bill Gates
- Built and led a team at Exodus Communications responsible for generating over $100 million in revenue in under two years
- At Microsoft, his work on their first browser team added over one million new users, and his business development efforts in e-commerce resulted in numerous pioneering partnerships and Fortune 500 customers
- Led strategy and development for one of the earliest online music retailers, MusicDirect, in 1996 (yes… online music in 1996)
- Mentor for and advisor to Project Music, and advisor to numerous startups in the US and Canada
- The son of a rock drummer, he grew up in studios and backstage. According to his mom, he first kicked to the beat in-utero at the legendary Sun Studio in Memphis. He’s been a drummer ever since.